Sunday, October 31, 2010

Autumn Story Animation

I thought this was absolutely beautiful.   It felt really whimsical and organic though I can't say exactly gives it those qualities.  I think maybe its how the images are so simple yet compelling.  I love the way one image shifted into another.  My favorite part was with the girls and the birds.  I loved the images themselves and I felt a sense of freedom during that particular part; however, I don't know why.  I think this video still sort of has me guessing.  I also loved the movement of this piece.  The individual drawings did not line up perfectly which i think worked better than if it was an immaculate cartoon.  The video also took me by surprise a little when it jumped to the different chalk boards.   
The remains of the last drawing gives a dream like or ghostly effect to the new image.  I think that's what I liked most about it.  It put me in a dream like state.  This and the song was beautiful in itself.
I feel like there is so much more I can say about this, but I really can't seem to find the right words to describe it.  Lets just say instead of failing to try to do it justice, I posted it on facebook so I can show more people because I really think it needs to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment