Monday, October 11, 2010

Doug Bucci

I have to give this guy props.  I am exhausted because of all the projects and homework.  I could never imagine going through this with a child.  I am so impressed that he did not give up on his dreams.  I am also impressed, not just that he was able to make it through art school, but that he was successful afterward. We have had impressive people come in to speak, but I admire him the most.  He went through so many obstacles.  I mean, he is fighting for his life due to his diabetes and he is raising a family.  The odds were against him from the start and he was able to make it through on the top of his game.  He worked with royalty and Bam Margera after all.
Another thing that I liked about this guy was the fact that he was willing to give up his success to create work that really means something to him.  He made a line and gave the profit to organizations that relate to helping those with diabetes because it is what inspired his line.  I liked how he took something life-threatening and was able to make beautiful work from it.
One last thing, he gave great advice.  One of the first things he said was that it was the best thing to be uncomfortable.  I feel like I am always trying new things so it is nice to know that uncomfortable is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment