Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Waking Life

This movie was kind of amazing.  Now knowing how long it takes to make one picture via photo shop, I cannot imagine how long of a process it was to make enough to fill a whole scene.  Especially for those clips that had great exaggerations.  I mean, it is one thing to just go over the image (which I am sure takes a lot of skill to be able to make the different images alike enough to go together so well) and it is a whole other accomplishment to make a whole new image in the background or as a way to embellish the scene if that's the right word to use.  And when I say this, I am talking about the scene where the guy lit himself on fire.  I highly doubt that actor actually lit himself on fire so the artist had to create that without any reference or background to guide them.  Another example I am thinking of is when the men are at the bar and as the customer is describing his conflict with the man on drugs, the artist reshaped his body to match the description of the story, and the smoke and simple objects in the background would also change shape to go with his story.  That is what impressed me the most, but I really loved the different styles used in the film.  I am not going to lie, I was unaware that there were different artists that would design different scenes, so at first I was a little confused when I saw the image change for the first time.  But the different styles made the film so interesting.  Even though we watched random scenes and had no real concept to what was going on in the movie, we were all still so interested just because we were excited to see how the next artist altered the image.  That is how I felt anyway.  Overall, it is a beautiful movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment