Thursday, October 21, 2010

H. John Thompson

At first, I'm not going to lie, I was not really a fan of this guy.  He just didn't have any work that impressed me.  However, once he got to the story about the model house and how he made an addition to match the addition to the original, I began to realize how personal he makes his work.  I'm not saying this either just to be like there's good work in all artists.  I mean, if I don't like someone's work, I'll say it.  But this guy genuinely grew on me.  He really puts himself into his work.  While I think his stuff is still a little boring, I have great respect and admiration to artists who really try to represent a story or meaning in their work which I think he does beautifully.  His work also had a lot of humor in it.  The way he used a barbecue to showcase the fence piece was clever, interactive and fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment