Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ben Volta


I really liked this guy.  I really have no idea what his job title would be, but his work just looks like so much fun and getting kids involved is a great concept.  Over the summer, my high school art teacher got a couple of us together and we went to a school in the city of Reading, which really is not a very nice city.  But, we went to an elementary school and kids from around the area would come and we would do art projects all while painting a mural in the school.  Unfortunately there were some conflicts with my schedule so I never actually got to work or see the mural, but it was such a great project and listening to this guy talk about his work really made me miss those kids and that program we did.  I also really wish my math classes were like that when I was in Junior High.  I did have some trouble with whether or not he took credit for the art though.  I mean, he seemed more of a chaperon instead of the artist himself.  His ideas were brilliant, by creating the projects for the kids to work on, but he did not actually do the work.  I guess as long as he gives them credit.  Anyway I found him to be oh so delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment