Friday, September 10, 2010

My six-word memoir


I have a few ideas for this memoir.  First I need to explain how I have been a swimmer since I was practically a baby.  My brother swam and my sister swam after him so I didn’t have much of a choice.  However, I must give my 5-year-old self some credit because swimming is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.  I learned so much, stayed healthy, stayed out of trouble and most important, made great friends.  If I could go back I would do it all over again, even the practices that made me cry with pain.  I mean, when my senior year was over I was happy that swimming was over along with it.  Then I quickly realized how much I missed it and went to many optional practices and jumped at the option to be on the club team here at Temple.  So it was obvious that I wanted my memoir to relate to my experience as a swimmer.  My choices are as follows:
1: Life began on a starting block
2:My life began in a pool
3:Its best to just dive in (I think this relates to life and pool.  It relates to the pool because the water is usually freezing and the faster you get in the better)
4:Home is where the goggles are
I think I am leaning more for the fourth one just because it’s true.  I even brought my goggles to school.  As of right now I’m still deciding.  

No comments:

Post a Comment