Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Met!!

So this was my first trip to the met. Ever.  I cannot describe a more perfect day.  I got to explore the met, I strolled around central park talking about music and art with a friend, and, finally,  I really just experienced New York on my own for the first time.  Every other time I went up there I would be with my mom who, despite my adult age of 18, would not let me out of her sight.  I don't think I need to even begin talking about how AMAZING everything at the met is.  I was so awed by everything.  And, I really enjoyed our tour with Professor Kline.  The art seems even more interesting when he talks about it.
At one point I also got to see european art and was completely mesmerized by a Van Gogh painting for about 10 minutes.  I literally could not look away.  The way he mixes his color to show dawn is absolutely gorgeous.  But I digress.It was an amazing trip and I cannot wait to go again.
Some pics from the museum and central park... 

No comments:

Post a Comment